Thursday, May 12, 2011

Quitter

I am currently reading "Quitter" by Jon Acuff. To be honest, I am listening to it in MP3 format on my iPhone. I am a lazy reader, but when I can hear a book while I am driving, I feel as if I am able to absorb it better. I mean, who wants to stare out at the endless sea of cars in Atlanta traffic without some brain stimulation.

The book is about how to find your calling, your dream job, and how to figure out what that is.

If you are interested, here is Jon's blog address: http://www.jonacuff.com/blog/category/quitter/

Jon works for one of my favorite people in the world, Dave Ramsey. For those of you that do not know who Dave is, he is the founder and owner of the Lampo Group, and creator of Financial Peace University. Dave teaches every day people how to manage money and build wealth. Jon actually used Dave's techniques to get out of debt and eventually started working for Dave. I have also used Dave's techniques to pay off all of my debt, except the house, and stashed away a year's salary to cover expenses should I become jobless.

To check out Dave Ramsey, got to this link: http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

At any rate, my next step is to find my calling. In the search for that, I ran across Jon's book.

I wanted to let everyone know that I am reading (listening to) Jon's book and that I am testing out the theory that the decay of auditory memory (echoic) is not as rapid as that of iconic memory (visual). Since my preferred learning style is visual, I am interested to see if I will remember the book better if I read it or if I listen to it.

To test this theory, I am going to read one chapter and listen to another, and then test myself by checking the summary of both chapters.

The results will be posted as soon as I have an update.

Thanks everyone

References

Acuff, J. (2011, May 09). Quitter [Web log message]. Retrieved from http://www.jonacuff.com/blog/category/quitter/ 

Acuff, J. (2011). Quitter: closing the gap between your day job and your dream job. Franklin, TN: Lampo Press.

Ramsey, D. (2011, May 12). Dave ramsey home page. Retrieved from http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

No comments:

Post a Comment